Thursday, April 21, 2005


I never really developed a taste for Coke. Or Pepsi. Or any of that stuff. Unless I'm on a beach in the Dutch Antilles or the Virgin Islands and there's rum and ice in the glass along with the Coke (or Pepsi). The rum seems to help the Coke (or Pepsi) go down somehow. The lime that usually is in the mix as well, makes me feel that I'm getting my daily jolt of vitamin C. Plus, I get a buzz off of the tartness. So, under these circumstances, I have to admit that a Coke (or Pepsi) is mighty fine, indeed. Now, curiously, I've noticed that Coke (or Pepsi) vending machines seem to always be located outside of Fire Stations here in the States. I don't know why. I guess fire fighters must get thirsty after being subjected to all of that heat and those flames. Who wouldn't? But, doesn't it seem a little harsh to expect them to pay for the sodas? Shouldn't they be free? As a token Thank You for their brave efforts. Or, maybe the machines are there as decoration that somehow fits in with the idea of liquid and fire and reward. Maybe it's performance art. Probably not. But, maybe.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter