Friday, September 30, 2005

I have always been a fan of Warhol's. What a nut! What fantastic output! I guess it wasn't called the Factory for nothing. His images are our images. His experiences were our experiences. He was the Ultimate American. How many artists get shot by crazy fans? Not many. I can only count one: Warhol. How many artists find a way to make tons of money? Not many. I can only count a few besides Warhol. How many artists get famous enough to hang out with the Rolling Stones? Not many besides Warhol. He even had his own R&R band in the Velvets. And the Beauties! Don't even get me started on the Beauties. Warhol was not one of them, so he worshiped them and then gave them immortality. Cool trick, huh?
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter