Tuesday, March 28, 2006

He said: "It saddens me, but I'm fairly certain that we will leave our children with a much different world than the one we inherited from our parents. There will be more disease, more hunger, more war, more displacement of entire populations and, most of all, more water everywhere. And there will be much less that can be done about any of it. Perhaps the changes coming will be gradual so that they won't be noticed, but instead will be accepted as the way things naturally are; the order of things, the natural order. It would, I think, be easier to accept in that light. The burden would be easier to carry, don't you think?"
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Unk
I completely agree with you. I fear for the day I have children and can only imagine what it feels like to be a parent. I think of how much the world has changed in my lifetime and feel that the future of this country is in jeopardy. I can only hope that the younger generations have learned from our mistakes and help to rebuild the damage that has been done.

I am really enjoying your photos too. I am bookmarking your page. Hope the family is well. I love you all<3

Liz

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter