Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This house is across the street from where I live. It's a great house, no doubt about it. The daughter of the original builder of this house still lived here when we moved into the neighborhood. She was 90-something and pretty far gone. She lived in one room downstairs and had a nurse come in every day to take care of her. Termites had eaten a 6 foot hole in the dining room. The fuse box down in the basement had room for 2 fuses. She didn't need a lot of electricity, I guess. After the daughter died, some young folks came in and fixed the place up. The paint job on the outside, I'm told, cost $30K. Its held up pretty well. It's still a heck of a house. It looks better than any McMansion I have yet to see.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! I am enjoying the shocking stuff!My friends at aquabot too loves yours collections ..... What a great display!

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter