Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am a conflicted individual. I like an image that is all there, all at once; that I can look at and see the underlining "story" immediately. But I also like an image that takes some time to organize itself, that has more of a story to tell and that tells me that larger story as I look at it. It all has to do, I suppose, with the workings of my imagination and how little distracted I am at the moment. I want to know who this lady is and why she is reading a newspaper, alone, at a diner. I don't think she works there, but I am guessing that she visits the diner often. Does she always come alone? Does she always sit at this end of the diner or is she here this time because it is far away from everyone else and so she can enjoy her quiet read in peace. As I look, I fill in the blanks by guessing and I create the story about her as I look. It doesn't all come together all at once. It takes a little time, but sometimes it is worth the wait.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter