Friday, March 28, 2008

She said: "I feel haunted. I feel haunted by the things I did over there. I feel haunted by who I am. I'm haunted by my dreams which are carried over from sleep into waking life. I'm afraid all of the time and I didn't used to be like that. I'm haunted by voices I heard and sights I saw and mostly by the things I, myself, did. I wasn't brought up like that. I did those things because everyone was doing them. That was how we let off steam. If we didn't do something to let off steam we'd all have gone crazy over there; but, in my mind, I'm still there and still doing those things. But, to tell you the truth, the one thing I'm most haunted by is the girl, the young girl, running down the road, naked and screaming, her hair and skin singed by the Napalm, and she's screaming and running and there isn't anything I can do but watch."

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter