Thursday, February 03, 2005


There's something about light poles. I don't know why, but I am "seeing" them everywhere after many decades of being blind. They're sort of urban technological flowers. Or weeds maybe. They more or less everywhere look pretty much the same. Silver is the color of choice. They bend over the street. The color of the light they give off is predominantly yellowish. They're something else to avoid running into on the sidewalk.If you look slightly up in any city, this is what you'll most likely see. This one is in New York, somewhere down near NYU. There is a building behind it, a church, I think, that has been wrapped is scaffolding. Christo would've done a better job if he had been given the chance. I like the scattered clouds and the red of the wrap and the green of the street sign. All to set off the silver street light to its best advantage. I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille. Posted by Hello
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter