Monday, May 23, 2005


I used to go see shows at the National Theatre when I was in High School. Some of my buds and I would take the bus from suburban Virginia in to DC to see something by Edward Albee or "Oliver" or whatever looked good. It was an adventure every time. We always got Orchestra seats. I don't know where the money came from but it never seemed to be a problem. At intermission, we'd go to have an orange juice and a smoke. It was so sophisticated to smoke. No one worried about cancer because that was something that happened to old people. Not us. The National is still there on Pennsylvania Avenue. It doesn't program much that is exciting. I haven't been there in years, but pass it every day and remember.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter