Saturday, October 08, 2005

There are two things that I think must be common to every American: We want to be very very rich (and, truly we are), and we want everyone to know it. Like Kings of Europe in past centuries, I want to live in a house that could be home to a small city. I want the house to be decorated with gold so that it glows by candlelight. I will require, of course, a staff of people to sweep and polish and keep the place clean; to do the cooking for my frequent parties and receptions and to do the endless laundry. I will also need an army to keep the grounds clipped, weeded, watered and arranged. I will travel frequently to my smaller, country home that will also have a staff waiting for me. Is this, really, too much to ask? Oh, and I'll need a hunting dog. I almost forgot about the hunting dog.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter