Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's good to get off the highway and see just where a less traveled local road might take you. It's sort of like the Frost poem, but set on wheels. Outside of Washington, DC route 66 resembles a clogged kitchen drain more than it does a way to get somewhere. I was on my way to visit my friends Kris and Leigh who live out in the Virginia hill country and I realized that, if I stayed on 66, I might die of old age before I got there. Or, I would arrive so stressed that having me as a visitor in their home would not be a pleasant thing. We'd have to start drinking immediately! So, I grabbed a map and took a local road into the country and, oh, if made all the difference.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Round Stone said...

Nice composition. Liked the light and shadow combination.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter