Monday, December 19, 2005

It's strange to me for some reason. I live 8 miles from the center of downtown Washington, DC. It's most definately not the "country". It's not the city, but it sho' ain't the country. I would estimate that 30 percent of the vehicles on the roads in my town are trucks. Not big trucks. Not like garbage trucks or moving trucks. I think that what I see are called "light utility trucks", except they never seem to be engaged in kind of light utility work. Mostly you see them in driveways or, like here, in the subway station parking lots. From casual observation, the most that there ever is in the back loading bays of these vehicles are empty beer cans. Another 25 percent of my neighbors (and it could be 30 percent or more) drive those humongousmobiles, those SUV things, but that's another story.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Round Stone said...

Very nice! Excellent mix of reds and oranges. Definitivelly eye-catching.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jim Landry said...

Thanks Roundstone. I'm just trying to keep up with the wonderful images on your own photo blog site.

Cheers, and Happy Christmas!

JL

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter