Monday, February 13, 2006

I've been studying SPAM mail more closely as it is the raw material for my book (see post below:

http://musicfromthefilm.blogspot.com/2006/02/it-came-to-me-in-dream-last-night-i.html

The interesting thing to me today is that the senders of this junk have all adopted or been assigned very waspy names. A sampling of today's treck mail were sent to me by "Margaret Gill", a sweet sounding, rather school marmish lady I imagine, who wants me to take advantage of her specials on "manly" medications before Valentine's Day. Then there's "Brody West". He sounds like an olympic speed skaters, yes? And "Lenny Rice", a failed Borsch Belt comedian. And" Darryl Boyden" (you can almost picture him sailing to Nantucket), and "Nathan Nelson", "Luke King", and, my personal favorite, "Millicent Atkinson". Oh, Millicent! Where did we go wrong?

What do you suppose this says about our society? There wasn't one Darnell or LaTeasha or a Li Chen or even a Hans or Vlad in today's batch. Only what sounds like and reads like graduates of Yale University or Harvard Law School. What's up with that?
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter