Monday, August 27, 2007

There is something about airports that makes me feel like my soul is being sucked out of my body through my head somehow. My throat gets dry, and I become itchy, and I loose my focus as I move from one part of the airport that I have landed in on a plane that is late to another part of the airport where my connecting flight is due to leave from in 10 minutes. The distance between "here" and "there" is about 25 miles, or at least feels that far. As I move on and off moving sidewalks, or on and off trams, or end up just flat out running, silently (or not) cursing, holding my two allowed small bags close to me, wanting to stop for 3 ounces of water or to catch my breath or to use the bathroom, but not doing so, I can feel the Dementors and Death Eaters from the Harry Potter books closing in on me, swooping down from the airport skylights, circling around me and pulling my soul out of my body, resulting in an urgent craving for salted peanuts and tiny, tasteless crackers.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter