Friday, March 18, 2005


This photo was taken just a few short years ago and it now seems quaint to me. "1HRphoto". Who can wait that long! It's now 1 second photo and it's ready to email around the world. Digital photography is now, apparently, the norm. There are many things that I like about digital photography. There are many things I like about film. Truth be told, there's probably more plusses on film's side of the scale in my book, than on digital's. But digital is very in-the-moment. You want it. You got it. Let's go! One of the primary things I dislike about my tiny 3.something megapixel camera is the display screen on the back which is useless when there's light outside and useless in the dark. It's a virtual simulation of macular degeneration. Everything I see on this screen is a suggested shadow of what the camera will capture. It's a crap shoot. The eyepiece viewer is no better. It shows a kinda/sorta in-the-neighborhood view of what the picture will capture. It's photography by feel. I trip the shutter when I kind of feel that it's the right moment to do so. I don't really know what the picture will look like, but I'm endlessly optimistic that it'll be something vaguely like what I think I want it to be. Faith is everything in digital photography. Faith is the doorway. As Allen Ginsberg said: "The key is in the window."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter