Wednesday, April 06, 2005


A few impressions of Iceland follow. The light was generally flat, but occasionally sun would filter through the cloud cover and light up the scenery. I was thinking this morning that among the many things that I liked about the country was the fact that we did not see any chain restaurants or stores. At least none that I can recall. I'm certain that there must have been a McDs there. Or a Gap. Or something along those lines. It’s just that I didn't see them. There was no Wendy's or Red Lobster or Olive Garden or anything Emporium. There was a Mall in Reykjavik, but we didn't go there. So that's were they may have stashed all of the branded consumption. I don't know. But it was lovely to be free, really free of them. It’s good to feel that way from time to time. It’s good to be free.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter