Wednesday, November 09, 2005

There have always been ants. Since the beginning of time, I imagine ants busy boldly skittering across my kitchen counter. They are there every day, marching in a definite, if sometimes disorganized, line from here to there. Sometimes I can figure out where they're coming from and I block that particular minute hole with some putty. Then the number of ants I see is momentarily less than before. Sometimes I can tell where they are going to and I block that up as well. Then the ants get confused and crazy because they can't get back to the Queen and they panic. But, they always, always find another way because they are smarter, if smaller, than I am. And I think, "What if we are wrong about all of this here on Earth. What if God's favorite creature isn't one that walks upright on two legs, but the tiny, busy ants in my kitchen? What if they are the ones who will be taken up to sit on the right-hand of his majesty and not, in fact, us? Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants?"
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter