Friday, July 21, 2006

The first thing that I noticed was that she was beautiful in a way that other fortune tellers/Tarot card readers I have met and consulted with were not. She was young, with strong features and knowing eyes. I felt drawn to her instantly and was compelled to place my quarters into the slot of the wood and glass box in which she was sitting. She looked at me intently and began to read the cards in front of her. I would, she told me, live a long, healthy life. I would have sufficient funds in my later years to travel at will. My wife would stay young and would adore me until the end. My son would grow up to be a captain of industry and would change the world as we now know it for the better. I would receive the recognition after my death that had escaped me in life. Wise people would speak my name with respect. The world will be a better place because I had lived in it. Well, I was speechless after she finished. This was more than I bargained for or even expected. It was, without a doubt, the best fortune that had ever been read to me. I felt as though I had received my money's worth.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter