Monday, August 11, 2008

She said: "I work with very sick people; people with chronic or fatal disease. I see these people every day. Some of them are very afraid and ask me why it is they who are sick. They say that they have been good all of their lives and they don't understand what is happening to them now. Others are very accepting of where they are and what they are going through. These people are very stoic and accepting of their lives and experiences; illness is just another step for them. I think that all of my patients, however, what to understand better what it is that they are facing. Even if they don't ask, I think they all want to know something that will make their passing easier to understand, and I don't know the answer to give them. I can't tell them what they want to know because I think that it is different for us all. Each person experiences the end in a way that is consistent with who they are. So, I can't be of help here, for those in my care, because experience has taught me that, in the end, each of us already knows the answer in advance."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter