Friday, August 15, 2008

She said: "When it was all over, when all of the shouting had stopped and the last door had slammed shut and it was quiet in the room, I could still hear the reverberations of what had happened. The sounds stayed in my head; stayed ringing in my head for a long time. This, of course, wasn't the first time. There had been other times like this and I had always given in at the end. But, this time was different somehow. I knew that I wouldn't give in this time. I thought that I would feel better having resolved to stand up to him, but I didn't feel better. I felt just the same as all of the other times. I felt like I'd fallen through the floor and into the darkness of the earth and I was alone; alone with the sounds still ringing in my head. I felt like I really had no place to go and no place to be. I felt like "No Where" was "Now Here".
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter