Monday, May 04, 2009

He said: "I had to get off the road. God, I'd been driving straight out for going on 3 days. I'd left L.A. as soon as I heard the news. I threw some clothes in the back, gassed up, and just hauled ass across the country. I hardly didn't even know where I was most of the time. I avoided the interstates as much as I could. I guess I was in God's hands or something 'cause I just sailed through the miles; didn't even know most of the time where I was or where I going exactly. All I knew was that I had to get there before it was too late. Listened to a lot of Country/Western music, I'll tell you. I didn't use to like it too much, but it got me going and kept me going. I finally couldn't drive anymore and I pulled off the road and just crashed for about 8 hours. When I woke up I looked for a place to get a little something to ear. There wasn't much around. I was somewhere in Virginia and heading East. The sun was just starting to come up and there wasn't hardly any traffic at that time of the day. I saw a small store across the road, but it wasn't open yet. I was in the land of Guns, Bait, and Quick Cash, but none of it was open then. So I just got back in the car, feeling like hell, and took off again so I could get there before it was too late."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter