Wednesday, June 30, 2010

She said: "What if I was here, up here on this stage in front of all of you, and I didn't have anything to say. What would I do? What would anyone do? Maybe I'd become violent and that violence would become what I had to say to you. Maybe I'd just turn around and leave. Who would stop me? Maybe I could claim a medical condition was the cause of my muteness and I would excuse myself, holding a paper towel to my mouth, and just leave you all in silence, and that silence would end up, in the end, being my gift to you. I mean, who did you come to see? What were your expectations? What if it were all a lie and you had be tricked by a fraud. What if the "art" of the thing was in the fact that there was nothing there to begin with and nothing to end with and that, like a mirage, something had been there, but then that something was gone and you were left with yourselves and the empty stage where, eventually, the lights would be turned off and everyone would go home."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter