Wednesday, February 09, 2005


I don't know what it is, but occassionally I am overwhelmed by "stuff". All the flotsam that finds its way into the house. I don't even know where most of it comes from, other than almost every economically developing nation on Earth that the US is currently friendly with. Many years ago, when I was a student in Connecticut, there lived above me in the house I rented a small apartment in, a couple of dedicated counter-culturist. They were so unique in their habits and beliefs that everyone knew who they were. Every now and again, about every six months or so, they would have what they called a "Plastic Purge". They went through their living space and gathered anything made, partially or wholly, of plastic. Then their bay window facing the street would be flung open and everything plastic thrown out, one piece at a time. Then, for at least the next six months, they would be pure again. I never spoke directly with either of them, and of course now they are lost in time, but I'll bet that they were just as mystified as I as to where that stuff came from.
Here are two plastic figures from what was Miles' "Choking Hazard" collect of toys. Posted by Hello
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter