Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The mysteries of the Internet

I seem to still be unable to post photos. Words alone seem to be no problem. MusicFromTheFilm is devolving, so adjustments must be made.
It´s interesting reading a newspaper that is not in a language that is readily understood by me. Icelandic is most certainly in that catagory. I scan the headlines hoping to find something that I can hook into and then draw conclusions from the pictures. In reality, I don´t really have a clue. There´s something going on with Bobby Fischer. In some photos he looks like Father Time. In others, he has trimmed the beard a bit and looks more together. He seems to always wear the same greenish cap. Maybe he has lost his hair on top. It happens. Today, there was a story about Bobby Fischer and The Washington Post. How these two giants are connected here in Iceland is anybody´s guess. Time will tell.
We are taking the grand swimming pool tour, which continues today. Swimming in a heated outdoor pool is very interesting. As one side, usually the back, is kept cold, the other side, usually the front, is kept warm. The conclusion is always a cup of surprisingly good coffee.
We moved up in the food chain by picking up a rented car yesterday. We have been walking, mostly, since we arrived, taking one bus ride to a pool in another part of town. The car allowed us the pleasure of repeating the mystery of navigation we experienced walking around, only now we are in a tin can with four wheels. We drove out past the airport and into the 'country' where we spent the day looking at exploding geisers and rushing waterfalls. It is all quite grand and at some point I look forward to sharing the images.
This will have to wait, I suppose, until I return to an environment that is somewhat more understood by me. The University library is lovely, peaceful, filled with students now that Easter week holiday has concluded, but their Internet access doesn´t allow me the freedom, as far as I can tell, to publish photos. This computer doesn´t 'recognize' my thumb drive, even though they have been introduced a number of times already. It´s the blind leading. It´s the midnight sun. It´s the kindness of strangers. It´s the strangeness of travel. It´s the living end.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter