Monday, April 11, 2005


The streets of downtown Washington DC are often populated by what I call The Visitors. They're not the tourists that flock here for Spring Break and Summer Holiday. No, they're a different kind of Visitor. One guy that I've seen a lot of recently creeps around the edges of things. He will walk in the street, hugging carefully to the curb. If there is a car parked, he will carefully walk against the car, hugging close to it. Sometimes I will see him walking on the sidewalk, but he presses against the sides of the buildings as he goes. If there is a break in the building walls, say for an alley way, he will follow the building wall into the alley and continue on his journey through the alley, hugging the sides of things as he goes. I guess he feels too naked out in the open. Too exposed. Too fragile. I guess he needs the strength of architecture to help him on his way.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter