Tuesday, February 17, 2009

He said: " I am in pretty good shape, I think, for my age. I don't have anything seriously "wrong" with me. I can do, and do do, almost all of the same things I did when I was in my 20s or 30s. I eat what I like to eat, but not in excess. I drink a little. I walk and bike and throw a ball around. I have friends and I have lovers. My children are well on their way to a good and happy life. Oh, I've got a couple of scars here and there. There is one from the car crash, but it seems to fade more as time goes on. No real medical things going on; no cancer, no "taking things out" or "putting things in". All and all I feel OK and I don't really think about this body too much. Its just the thing that carries the rest of me around and it is nice to get around. I notice parts getting grey and other parts getting a little lower down than they use to be. But, ya know?, I live in this body but I am not only this body. I'm more than a body. I take care of what I have because I want to keep on being, not just a body, but a man; a mobile man."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Round Stone said...

Good catch ! You have a real photographic instinct.

Roundstone.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jim Landry said...

Thanks, Round Stone. I would say the same of you.

Cheers!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter