Monday, January 12, 2009

She said: "I've always liked to see the sun set at the end of the day. Ever since I was a little girl, I liked to pull out a chair and sit on a porch or on a lawn somewhere and watch the last light of the day drift away, like running water. It's better even when there are clouds to watch as well. The clouds move from fluffy white to gray and then to an inky black as the light fails. I like it best in the fall or winter when the leaves are off the trees. Then you see everything. Sometimes there will be a group of bird flying somewhere is a line or in a V shape. Sometimes on the water you can just make out a ship gliding by in the darkness. When the last light is gone and I can't see much anymore, I pull my sweater around me and move my chair back to the porch and I go in to where it is warm and bright. But I still can feel the darkness that is just outside my door, and I know that I will go back again tomorrow evening when the sun is just getting ready to set."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter