Thursday, December 04, 2008

He said: "We were all so beautiful; so young, so fresh, so wanting to have it all, right now, for everything. We had a hunger that couldn't be fed; not really. Not in the way it needed/wanted to be fed. We were free, or so we thought at the time. The road went on forever and we couldn't wait to be on it, doing it, living it, every second of every day. We had plans! They were a mirage, but as one plan disolved in the glow of another sunset, a new plan was hatched. We were strong; we could do or be anything. Just ask us. And, we were smart. We knew the difference between right and wrong and of Left and Right. We were going to make it real; we felt that it was our turn. Other generations had failed in one way or another, but we wouldn't. We would push the bounderies right out of the window. We would be clean and we would live forever. It is only now that there is some doubt. Only now that there is one more day given and one more chance. Only now is there only one more promise that we hope will not be broken.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

So these have been my own thoughts lately. I attribute it to closing in on the big 60. Other numbers have felt like an accomplishment, a stepping off place, a step in the correct direction. 60 feels like a closing in, a finishing, and I'm not seeing what else there is to come and I don't think I like it. I don't really feel finished but once in a while when in a room with my age group I see us as the young ones must see us...as old. They don't know that the feelings, hopes, dreams are as alive in us as they are in them. I want to jump up and jump and jump and jump just so they will know that I am alive.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter