Monday, January 05, 2009

She said: "I always, always go for a swim on New Year's. I haven't missed it in 25 years or more. It is like a baptism. I swim no matter where I am at the time. I've taken my New Years swim in California, in Florida, in Maryland, in Maine (Oh, my God was that ever cold), in Spain, in Hawai'i, all over. The trick is, of course, is to make sure that you are in a place where taking a swim in January won't endanger your health. If you are going to do something like this on a yearly basis, its best to make certain that the odds are in your favor. For example, I don't think I want to swim in Maine again. Once was OK with me. Once was enough
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Round Stone said...

Swimming in gold.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter