Monday, December 15, 2008

She said: "He was a funny guy, but I liked him, even with all of the quirks in his personality. There is one story about a trip he took to the East Coast that I just love to tell. You see, he wasn't that crazy about airplanes. Even in the best of conditions, he wasn't a good flyer. Even in first class. He didn't like to be in small spaces, smashed up against other people. He didn't like the air inside of the airplane cabin; he didn't like airplane food; he just plane didn't like to fly. That was the heart of the matter. He just didn't like flying. But he did it anyway. So, he had to fly to the East Coast for some reason and I took him to the airport. We were early, like he liked to be. As we were waiting for the flight to New York to be called, I noticed that he was getting more and more nervous. He was looking around at everyone; really looking at them. I noticed, but didn't pay it any mind, but the longer we waited, the more nervous he became, until he finally got up, and told me we had to go. 'Go? Go where?' I asked him. 'Home' he said. 'Why? What's the matter?' I asked him. 'We just have to go'. So, we went. I took him back home and he missed the flight.

I guess it must have been the next day, I asked him to explain to me what he wouldn't get on the flight, and he told me. 'They were doomed.' he said. He told me that the people waiting for that flight to New York looked like doomed people to him and that's why he left. He felt that the flight was a doomed flight and that all of the people waiting to board looked to him like doomed people and he didn't want to die with them and that's why he wouldn't board. They were all doomed."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter