Friday, September 04, 2009

She said: "Oh, she was such a fine vocalist. When she sang, my heart bled; I swear it did. She sang from her very center; her soul; and when she sang, it was like she was singing for me, just for me. I went to see her perform as often as I could. I did'nt care, if I couldn't get someone to take me, I just took myself. This was one of the reasons I put up with living in the city. If I had to drive in to city every time I wanted to do something, I would have gone crazy by now. Oh, I can see her now, in my mind's eye when I close my eyes. If I'm at home, I have the Hi-Fi on and she is right there with me. She kept me whole, I'm telling you. She had everything: a voice that could melt ice or burn down the house; she was beautiful: dark but not too dark, with that sultry look that men liked so much. The only thing that she could have done better is she could have stayed away from the drugs. It she could have done that, she would have lived longer and there would have been more of her music to hear, and to cry over in the cold night and to then put me down to sleep."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter