Friday, August 14, 2009

She said: "He wasn't a cowboy, but he was from the farm; had grown up with animals and knew how to ride a horse, but never had a horse of his own. He grew up fast and left the farm and joined the army and made a life out of that until he couldn't take it no more and started up a business in Real Estate and sold and later built houses. He smoked cigarettes from the earliest times he could remember. He went through a couple of brands, but ended up smoking the cowboy brand. I never liked the smell of smoke on a man, but he had other attributes that made up for the stink. I guess I loved him, at least at one time I did. I was with him up until the last moments in the hospital. He died while I was out, taking a break. He was under a lot of different medications so we didn't talk too much. I just held his hand mostly. I don't even really know if he knew I was there most of the time. I sure wish I could have been there to hold his hand when he passed. I miss him now. But I wish I could have been there when he died."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter