Saturday, August 01, 2009

She said: "I always wanted to be a performer instead of one of those artists who just hangs around the studio drinking Brandy and communing with her muses. No. I wanted to be in people's faces, to see the reaction of my work, to tell a story moment by moment, to walk on the wire of live performance. I wanted to be blood and see blood and flesh and know how I was doing with each breath I take, to sit on the head of a needle and to make it all up on the spot. That experience is like no other. It is terror and orgasmic and joy and a thrill when it works out that way. Of course, it can, and does, sometimes go the other way too, when you land flat on your face and the faces you see are blank because you've gone over them or under them or they weren't able to connect the dots by following your course. But the combination of story and gesture and music and light and magic and smoke and mirrors, for me, creates a universe that I could easily slip into and never, ever return from."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter