Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He said: "I don't know what the big deal is about memory. Why do I have to remember everything? Why is a good memory such a favored attribute? Remember what? Why do I have to remember death or pain or hate? What does it matter if I don't remember how old you are or what your late father's middle name was? Of what use is the names of everyone I went to 1st grade with now that I am nearing the ending of this life? Shouldn't I only recall what is of use to me? It is not an effort to remember your face and the number of times that I have kissed it. I have no problem remembering the way you smell after a bath, or the gentle way you touch me as I awaken, or the way you look when you talk about our lives together. I can remember every time we made love and I can remember the way a full moon lights up the night and the way that certain flowers smell and the taste of chocolate. Isn't that enough? I remember the day. I remember passion. I remember joy. I remember the look of freshly fallen snow. I remember the taste of fresh air in the Fall and I remember why I'm here. Everything is not important."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter