Wednesday, July 29, 2009

She said: "When I was a girl I used to dream about floating away. I would float out of my bedroom window and I'd rise to the heavens where the air was cool and clean. Sometimes I could look down and see my house and my school and everything just pass away as I floated up to the clouds. When I was a teenager, I dreamed that I could climb on a magic ladder. I guess I always wanted to be up above everything else. I don't know why. I was never a special child in any way and I never had any great plans for the future. I never wanted to be an astronaut or anything like that. I don't think that I'm special or odd. But, now that I'm a 70 year old, my dreams are more normal. Now, when I dream I dream that I am on firm ground because I know that a fall from a ladder or a fall from a cloud would be the end of me now. The best that I can do now is maybe climb on a stool and look over my fence. Sometimes the view is just as good as what you see from heaven. Most of the time, however, it's not."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!


Blogger Patrick Smith said...


Absolutely stunning photo.May I use it sometime?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jim Landry said...

But of course. It would be an honor!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter