Wednesday, July 29, 2009

She said: "When I was a girl I used to dream about floating away. I would float out of my bedroom window and I'd rise to the heavens where the air was cool and clean. Sometimes I could look down and see my house and my school and everything just pass away as I floated up to the clouds. When I was a teenager, I dreamed that I could climb on a magic ladder. I guess I always wanted to be up above everything else. I don't know why. I was never a special child in any way and I never had any great plans for the future. I never wanted to be an astronaut or anything like that. I don't think that I'm special or odd. But, now that I'm a 70 year old, my dreams are more normal. Now, when I dream I dream that I am on firm ground because I know that a fall from a ladder or a fall from a cloud would be the end of me now. The best that I can do now is maybe climb on a stool and look over my fence. Sometimes the view is just as good as what you see from heaven. Most of the time, however, it's not."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Smith said...

Jim,

Absolutely stunning photo.May I use it sometime?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jim Landry said...

But of course. It would be an honor!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter