Tuesday, December 15, 2009

He said: "I met her at a show. I was with someone and so was she. We went out a few times and then became friends. As it turns out, a close friend of her's works in my building, so I see more of her friend than of her. Her friend, Jessi, is a bubbly, chatty woman. She's always talking about "the world". She peppers her conversations with chat about "this part" or "that part" of the world as if the world was divided up into uniquely interesting states that you could pop in to and out of on the way to somewhere else. At first I thought is was kind of cute, the way she talked about the world. Then I started to think about why I though is was strange first and then irritating more recently. There isn't really any "this part" or "that part of the world. There never was. The world is a whole thing and we all live on it. There isn't any "part" of the world. The world is the world and it is heating up. All of it is world and it is heating up."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter