Tuesday, March 30, 2010

She said: "When I think of the memories I cherish, I think of the neighborhood I lived in when I was in School in New York. This was an old, run down, and, yes, sometimes dangerous part of the city, but there were a lot of young people, like me, lots of small cafes and lots of places to go. I had lots of friends then. We were all young, and hungry for experiences. There were many of us, like myself, who were from the midwest or of the eastern seaboard and this was our first time in the "big city". Oh, my, but it was fun. I'll never laugh like I did when I was 20. I'll never dance again like I did then, too. There seemed to be music everywhere then. We didn't really want anything then, except to be free to be young and to do what we wanted to do with friends that we wanted to be friends with and to go to places that we wanted to go to. Oh, it was a wonderful time. It was a wonderful time to be alive!"
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter