Monday, March 15, 2010

He said: "I am a writer. That is to say, I write. I write for a living and I write for fun. Sometimes they both happen together, the living and the fun. I don't ever remember a life that didn't involve, for me, the need to write it all down. My entire life is a text. Words come to me wherever I am: in the street, on a train, in the bath, while I'm jogging. The trick, really, is making the effort to get all of the words together in one place, whether on a piece of paper or jotted down on my palm. The words want to be found and put to good use. I am lucky, because I have a muse and I have a helper that I do not see but who is always there to guide me in putting the words together. I don't know how this invisible force, if I can call it a force, finds me, but when it is time to turn the words into a narrative or a poem or whatever, this force, or power, is there for me. Every time. Always. Always my hand is guided."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter