Wednesday, September 15, 2010

She said: "It got so quiet after the school bus picked them up and left. Even the birds stopped for a time to listen to the silence and to just sort of relax in some way until it was time to breath again. The sun is warm this time of year and it feels good to be outside, watching the bus turn the corner and then be gone. I can hear it moving away and I can see the birds in the trees watching to make sure that they get around that tricky corner without a problem. When I can't hear them anymore, I go inside, and make coffee. It stays quiet even then. That's why I like the morning so much this time of year. I feel like I can have it all: The peace, the quiet, the warmth on my skin, the knowing that the kids will be all right for another day and I that will get done what needs to be done. I know that it will all, always, be just this right."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter