Saturday, September 04, 2010

She said: "It wasn't always easy for us, the women among all those men. The men were the ones in charge; the woman did whatever the men said. They had us running around doing this and shinning that, and doing, basically, what was called 'Woman's Work". I didn't mind so much, though. That was what got me out of New Jersey and into the world. I would not have been able to do what I did and see what I saw without the War and everything that came with it. I couldn't have become the person that I am today if it wasn't for the war and the death and stink and smoke that was our days. I learned a lot. I learned how not to weep for the dead; I learned how to deal with one moment at a time. I became a stronger person because of the war and because I was a woman in that war. I guess you could say that that was the price I had to pay to become me."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter