Thursday, August 19, 2010

She said: It sure was a long way to come. I supposed it would be worth it. The painter was well know by then, having a lover in New York and another here who flattered her while she worked on her canvases. Oh, the colors she brought to her pictures; they made you dizzy they were such strong colors. A man would never use those colors. It was up to her to free them so that we could all see them. The last few miles to where she lived were bumpy and difficult. There were several times when the men had to get out and push the cars over a log or through some fast running water. After nearly a month of travel, we were ready for almost anything. Anything, that is, except those pictures; those divine paintings that just jumped off of the canvas, hitting you square between the eyes. Although I knew what I would see there, I was not prepared for the reality. The reality was so much more than what I had expected. It was so much more than I could have ever guessed."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter