Thursday, December 09, 2010

He said: "It was all a mistake. I said 'yes' but she heard 'no'; I saw freedom, but she saw commitment. I experience joy, but she foresaw pain and failure. How could we have been so far apart and how could I not have known? I suppose it had something to do with wishful thinking. I suppose I should have listened better; I suppose it could have ended differently, but the fact is that it didn't and I wasn't and we couldn't or wouldn't and that was just the way it was. The next time I look into my heart, I will bring a flashlight as well. I can't blame her. I can't blame anyone. Who is there to blame when the sun sets or the breeze blows through the trees? No one, that's who. It was just all a mistake this time."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter