Saturday, December 11, 2010

She said: "Everybody said to just keep moving, so I kept on moving. It was cold and it was dark and I didn't really know where I was and I didn't know how I would find the place I was going to and everything smelt like pee and I was cold and I was hungry and I was lost, but then this guy with a beard and glasses called to me and I knew that I wasn't supposed to talk to anyone there because it wasn't safe there, but I was cold and lost. I think he saw, even in the dark, that I was crying. He came in my direction and I didn't change direction and when he was closer and I could see him I asked him to tell me how to get to where I was going to sleep that night and he told me. I was only 4 or so blocks away and the poet showed me where to go where I would be warm and safe and where I would sleep on a stranger's floor there somewhere on Avenue C in 197o, in New York."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter