Friday, December 17, 2010

She said: "There's so much death around us and we don't see it. There's the endless war, of course. I don't know any of those brave men and women. I see the pictures in the paper, but they are only names to me. My God, they are so young; too young to die like that. Then there are the crimes of violence where someone gets a gun and for no reason or for very little reason shoots someone dead. They may or may not know the person they killed. They may or may not really care. They are so unseen or unheard, the people who die like that. Then there are the deaths caused by indifference, like the young people who die of AIDS or other diseases that take them too young just because they wanted love to be a part of themselves and got indifference instead. There are certain deaths that some people can not handle and so willingly ignore. Those, I think, are the saddest of them all; to see them work so hard and so bravely at dying and then, at the end and except for perhaps a small circle of friends or family, face indifference. That's the saddest way to die, I think. To die in the face of indifference.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liked the serenity of the image and the light. Very good picture, in my opinion.

roundstones.wordpress.com

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter