Thursday, December 17, 2009

She said: "The first thing you'd notice about him is his hands. These would be hands that have lasted a lifetime making object of beauty. When I first saw him and he took my hand in his in greeting, I almost lost it. At close to 90 he still looks strong. His hands are still strong hands and he is still working every day. His studio was amazing. There were art works everywhere I looked. Every corner, every inch of floor, every table and chair has work "in progress" on it. The only space that was free, and it was a very small space, was where he set down his coffee cup. We talked a lot about what he was currently doing. He didn't want to talk about the past. He said that it didn't mean anything to him; he was happy everyday, so the past and the present were all one for him. It was just such an honor to meet him for the article. He has lived such a large life in his art. We got some good footage and some good video and the film will be good, I'm sure, but the thing that I took away with me was the image of his hands."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter