Wednesday, December 22, 2010

She said: "I was in the water. I don't remember how I got there. I wasn't pushed, so I must have jumped. The water was cold and black and there was fire all around me. Pieces of water were burning in the dark. I couldn't see much of anything. I couldn't tell if it was day or if it was night. I was cold, so I started to swim even though I didn't know where I was going. If I did nothing, I knew that I would die, so I swam. I swam for what seemed like hours. The fires around me didn't abate so it seemed to me that I wasn't going anywhere. I though of my parents and I though of my children and wondered if they were safe. I began to loose the feeling in my legs which made swimming harder. I was thrashing and calling out, hoping that someone would hear. There came a light, a very bright light and I heard voices. I looked into the light but everything was dark. Everything was dark and quiet and I was alone in the water, surrounded by fire that did not warm me. I don't know how I got there. I also don't know how I got here. For right now, I just want to go home."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter