Friday, December 18, 2009

He said: "I guess you would have called her radical, but I didn't think of her that way. I met her because of a note tacked on a campus billboard about tutoring kids in "the projects". I volunteered. It didn't last long because the program was being run by the Panthers and word came back from Oakland that the movement didn't need no white people. So, that was that. She left eventually and moved to San Francisco and I, after a time, moved there myself and wanted to see her, so she gave me directions where to meet up with her. The place turned out to be a church in the Haight and when I got there the place was packed with people. There was a band playing and there was "testifying" and eventually she came on stage to tell how the 'spirit' had helped her kick drugs and how the 'Reverend' was helping the poor people in the city get and keep their health and all. We met up and I was introduced to the Reverend Jones and we talked and then she was gone and I later found out that she and the whole church had moved to South America. I didn't see her again until after the inquiry about the murders in the jungle. Several hundreds of people, young, old, as well as babes in arms, died. She was in the house in town when it all happened and she survived the killings. I often think about her, but I don't think we'll see each other again. Sometimes, things just end permanently."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter