Friday, January 22, 2010

He said: "I've always liked the way that the light happens at the end of a day in the Autumn. I like the way that the trees reveal themselves in the Fall and how Nature plays tricks with us using color and mist and fading light. I like the smell of the dampness and I like the quiet. I was born in the Fall, so I expect that accounts for some of it. Of course, there is always sadness in the background in the Autumn, because I know that Winter will be coming soon and also because that was the time of year that it happened. That was when the plane came down without warning and crashed in our town. God, it was terrible. We all, neighbors and strangers together, did what we could do to rescue anyone who might have survived. But, of course, no one did. So, I guess that the Fall is my chance each year for gentle memories of trees in full color. After that comes the inevitable memory of the fall."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter