Monday, January 18, 2010

She said: "I don't know why all of our heros get their one day of the year in the coldest days of the year. It makes missing them all that more acute. It was one thing to have marches with him in the cold when he was alive. Just being anywhere near him kept up warm then. He was a beacon and his light kept us warm and focused and alive! I don't know how else to describe it. He was so alive and so focused, just being in the crowd was enough. Just seeing him pass by in the crowd. He was a good man. He was an honest man. He brought us together. He kept us together. We could see the end of evil and the beginning of salvation. It didn't matter if it snowed or if if was below zeros because we were in the light. But, it isn't like that anymore. Now, it's just sad on his Birthday. It brings back good and bad memories. I weep a little and I laugh a bit too. Mostly, though, I feel the cold, and I hate it."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter