Saturday, September 17, 2011

She said: "Sometime, when I close my eyes at the end of the day, I can still see him. I never knew what happened. No one would every tell me what had happened. I'm not certain, really, that anyone, other than the "authorities" knew. Oh, there were people who claimed to know, but I didn't really listen to those people. They were members of the radical fringe and they would say anything if they thought it would help "The Cause". After he was gone, I just didn't care for the "Cause" anymore. It was him I wanted and needed. It was the sight and the small and the warmth of him that I wanted. I wanted to hear him speak to me and I wanted to look again into his eyes. I wanted him to be with me. I wanted to see him come around the corner, smiling and maybe humming a tune. I wanted to reach our for his hand and let him take me up stairs. But I know now that won't happen. I went to the memorial service. Our friends were kind to me. I just wanted to see him that one more time, but there wasn't enough to see. Or that's what they told me. I just wanted to see him and to feel my hand in his hand. I just wanted him to take me home.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter