Thursday, October 28, 2010

She said: "You know? There is one thing that comforts me. When, actually, there are many things that comfort me, like the company of old friends, the last light of a full and fruitful day, the faces of my children; you know what I mean because you are the same way. But, there are some things that offer comfort that I only stumbled on relatively recently; it is always a pleasure to learn new things about life, even when you are very old, like I am. What I learned in the last month or two is that what you did in a past life, you don't have to do again. I used to have dreams about all the things I must have done when my soul belonged to someone else and some of those things were not nice. Some of the things my soul has experienced caused me trouble when I was young, because I felt responsible in some way. I know that sounds silly, but that's the way I am, I guess. So, I am happy to know that I don't have to relive the bad and awful things that I know my heart has seen in its long, long, life. I can just move on now, and there is some comfort there."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter